Memoori has published a new report about the state of the world’s physical security industry at the start of 2011 and the challenges and business opportunities over the next 5 years – http://www.memoori.com/physical-security-2010
It is a unique report because it combines clearly defined market sizing statistics together with quantitative data on its structure and shape. With this foundation in place it sets about reviewing the techno / commercial dynamics that are reshaping the market and the implications that this is having on developing business opportunities through merger, acquisition, alliance and funding.
Within its 70 pages and its 16 charts this survey tells you:
* › The World Sales of Security Products by Type
* › The World Distribution of Security Products by Major Regions
* › Distribution of Sales by Major Groups – Value
* › Distribution of Sales by Major Groups – Volume
* › Market Share & Average Revenue for 4 Different Groups of Companies.
It then examines the Investment Market: Listing 77 Capital Venture Companies that have invested in Security Companies naming the recipient and amount invested. Finally it focuses in on the innovative high growth areas of the security business and details 50 Potential Acquisition targets.
It then details the explosive growth in deals in 2010 and why and where merger, acquisition and alliance is fertile, reviewing the strategic drivers and the part technology is playing. It also shows:
* › Security Deals completed from 2000 to 2010 and Forecast to 2015
* › Acquisition Valuation Benchmarks from 2005 to 2010.
Who will Find this of value?
The study will be of interest to all those involved in managing and operating electronic security companies (or their advisors) around the world and in particular those wishing to acquire, merge, sell or find alliance partners.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
* › PREFACE
* › EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
* › 1. INTRODUCTION
* › 2. SIZE, STRUCTURE & SHAPE OF THE BUSINESS
* › 2.1 MARKET SIZE
* › 2.2 STRUCTURE OF THE MARKET
* › 2.3 BIG STILL RULES IN THE NEW ECONOMY
* › 3. WHY DO MERGERS, ACQUISITIONS & ALLIANCES DEVELOP BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES?
* › 3.1 MARKET SHARE
* › 3.2 THE HORIZONTAL LAYERS ARE CONSOLIDATING; PSIM IS CONVERGING BUT FOCUS IS STILL VITAL
* › 3.2.1 Focus
* › 3.2.2 Consolidation
* › 3.2.3 PISM
* › 3.3 THE ROLE ALLIANCES HAS PLAYED IN DEVELOPING BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES
* › 3.4 WILL MERGER PLAY A MORE IMPORTANT ROLE IN 2011?
* › 4. STRATEGIC DRIVERS – PROGRESS & VALUATION OF MERGERS & ACQUISITIONS
* › 4.1.1 Strategic Acquisitions
* › 4.1.2 The Fundamental Goal is ROI
* › 4.1.3 IP is KEY
* › 4.1.4 Emerging Technology Drivers – Wireless / SaaS & Remote Monitoring / Video Technology
* › 4.1.5 Defense & IT Related Companies Buy into the Security Industry
* › 4.2 THE PROGRESS OF CONSOLIDATION & OUTLOOK TO 2015
* › 4.2.1 Consolidation in 2010 Outperformed any Previous Year
* › 4.2.2 Forecast of Acquisition & Merger Business to 2015
* › 4.2.3 M&A; Analysed by Business Segment
* › 4.3 VALUATION – EXIT MULTIPLES & DRIVERS
* › 4.3.1 Performance of Exit Multiples 2005 – 2010
* › 4.3.2 Technology & Its Impact on Valuation
* › 5. THE INVESTMENT MARKET
* › 5.1 THE STATE OF THE INVESTMENT BUSINESS & EXPOSURE TO THE SECURITY INDUSTRY
* › 5.1.1 Impact on the Security Industry
* › 5.2 INVESTORS IN THE SECURITY INDUSTRY & RECIPIENTS
* › 6. IDENTIFYING POTENTIAL MERGER & ACQUISITION TARGETS